AVG is one of the leading antivirus solutions available in the market which is developed by AVG technologies. This package is compatible with Windows, Android and Mac operating systems. It comes as two variants i.e., free and premium version. Premium version is preferred over the free one as the later comes with lesser features and functionalities. It goes without saying that AVG protects all of your gadgets from malware, spyware and virus attacks. Though it has got scheduled scan facility but is always recommended that you periodically scan your gadgets to ensure the protection. AVG also has a well-equipped customer care center which can be reached by calling AVG customer care phone number provided to you on the package and its website. In this article, we will be trying to understand how AVG antivirus is installed and updated through various steps.
To install AVG on your gadget you would require the installation package of the same which can be either downloaded from its website or from the CD of AVG premium version. Here we are explaining the installation process of AVG on Windows operating system. The process of installation remains the same moreover. The appended steps will help you in accomplishing the process of installation successfully. In case if you stuck somewhere while installing the product, you can always seek help by calling AVG tech support number.
- Ensure that the gadget on you which you wish to install AVG is switched on and the internet is available on the same. Type the AVG download page URL and download the required version on to your gadget.
- In this case, we will select a free version instead of a premium and proceed.
- Once you click the download option, you will be prompted with “Run” or “Save” options. Select the save option and once the same is downloaded on to your windows system, double click the downloaded setup file to initiate the installation of AVG.
- A screen will pop-up which will show the progress of downloading the required components for installation of the product. You will also see the time remaining to complete the process. Sometimes the screen gets frozen during this step and you may require to call the AVG antivirus support phone number for help.
- After the successful completion of the aforesaid step, the home screen pops-up asking to select the “Continue” button to proceed further.
- You will be prompted to locate the destination folder for installation of the product. Please do so and proceed with the installation.
- After the completion of the process, Safeguard your browser message will get displayed and the system will automatically scan for the files and memory of the system.
AVG antivirus consists of a database for virus definitions which is responsible for handling new online threats. Due to this reason only it is mandatory to keep the database of virus definition update. These updates not only update the virus definitions but also fixes general bug fixes etc. There are two ways through which you can update your AVG antivirus, online and manual. Appended are the steps to be followed for doing the same.
- This process happens automatically when the system is connected to the internet. For this, you need to keep the automatic updates enabled by checking the tick box of the same in the interface of AVG. If it stops abruptly the you should call AVG customer care phone number for help.
- Under “Settings” of AVG user interface select the “General” tab where you will find the “Update” option. You need to click the button “Check for updates” and it will update manually. After the update, restart your system and start using it.